Frequently Asked Questions
What is legal design?
Legal design solves legal work problems using tools and methods of human-centric design.
You can apply Legal Design to improve:
- contracts and legal document
- internal instructions, guidelines and compliance programs
- customer experience in using your legal services or processes
- legal functions, operations or businesses
- legal technology and tools and
- legal systems
We aim to bring clarity and empower end-users as they are at the heart of Legal Design.
WHAT ARE THE CONCRETE RESULTS FROM LAWYER'S DESIGN SCHOOL?
It depends on the course, but these are some of the outcomes:
- A new innovative legal product
- A simplified set of legal documents
- Service blueprints for your legal business, ready and easy to implement
- Actionable ideas for your current problems or challenges
Lawyer’s Design School strengthens your capacity and Legal Design knowledge. This way, you are not dependent on external help going forward.
WHAT DOES LAWYER'S DESIGN SCHOOL REQUIRE FROM ME?
An open mind and the perseverance to see your project through to completion. Your feet will get wet in the process – we believe co-creation is the best way to design and deliver a successful outcome.
But fear not, you do not need any prior skills. I will take you by the hand and guide you through the process.
HOW DO I KNOW IF LEGAL DESIGN IS FOR MY BUSINESS?
I bet you are interested in better serving your clients!
Legal design is about knowing your clients, anticipating their needs and helping them through improved communication.
If you think you already know your clients well enough, test it by answering these questions:
- What are the top three challenges your clients are facing?
- How are they currently tackling those challenges?
Guessing or assuming is not allowed here. If you don’t have the answers, this might be the perfect place to start.